"What Is Coaching?"
Imagine that you're already perfect
What if being human is a naturally thriving condition, rather than a faulty one? Let's start there.
You're perfect. You have everything you need. You have the wisdom, the knowledge, the intuition. You're not your "personality." Your past doesn't define what you can do today or going forward. You don't have to believe you're "the type of person who . . . ". You can trust yourself. You don't have to struggle. Your natural state is to create; to go out into the day and experience fulfillment, purpose and belonging. You don't have to struggle and work yourself into an existential lather to make a change or transform your ways, your life. Whatever you want, whoever you want to be, however you want to feel can happen starting today.
This is how I approach working with you. Your natural state is to thrive, so let's look at the thinking that is keeping you from what you want. It's not your job or the overbearing boss or a project that's run past deadline or a creative block or a company in turmoil that's responsible for your less-than-ideal life. It's your thinking. And that's what you're going to take on and play with together. This will be the game changer that will transform everything.
Together, we'll create a coaching experience filled with discovery, curiosity, surprise, adventure as well as a state of ease, relaxation and fun.
As your coach, I am:
A partner, travel companion, support system and champion. Someone who deeply cares about your ambitions, goals, desires and daily life experiences--and believes in your natural ability to do and be your heart's desire. I will tell you the truth, act as a mirror, and serve as a guide. I will challenge your limiting views and listen with all my heart. I will shine a light on what you can't see--SHAZAM--so life gets bigger!
If you are my client, you are MY POSSE. In other words, you are with me and on my mind as I navigate through my own days. If I come across a blog article, video, podcast, book, quote, movie, artist--anything I think serves your goals and desires, I will share it with you so you can keep moving in the direction you want to be.
I AM THERE FOR YOU
Accessible in between coaching calls via email, text or phone in case you need some spot coaching or you were visited by a WHAT NOW work situation and need a pow-wow. When the whispers of doubt kick up because they will; when the siren songs of "I can't" or "who do you think you're kidding?" or "it's too hard" cycle on to replay, I am there to remind you that these thoughts aren't the truth and to keep going, keep GOING, KEEP GOING! Our survival brain is so good at luring us off the path, we need a support system to remind us that playing the big game is where we are meant to be.
How coaching works with your personal thinking
Imagine going on a guided tour of your mind
Let's say your mind looks like a city plan, with main streets and avenues and side roads everywhere. This circuitry represents the thoughts you've built for yourself over your life. Like fast moving traffic in a big city, your thoughts are moving at rapid-fire speed--you have over 60,000 of them a day! And a lot of these thoughts are negative because your reptilian brain is still in survival mode, keeping you safe from the Wooly Mammoths.
This is why so many of us have minds filled with thoughts such as: "I"m over my head in this situation"; or, I'll never find a job I like" or "I could never have the guts to do that" to "nobody gets me," and a good ol' simple "this sucks." Your fight-or-flight brain is trying to keep you safe and away from change. Our world has progressed a thousand-fold; our brain hasn't quite caught up. So when we challenge ourselves to go into uncharted territory, to follow a deep desire (start a business, step into a managerial role, start that book), the mind kicks up doubt, and that doubt grows babies, and if we're not careful, those bold visions stall out, get put on hold or (even worse) never get realized at all.
This is where coaching comes in!
In coaching, we take a good look at the roadways of your habitual thinking. We consider all the ways your thoughts set off feelings, actions and results in your life. We transform the relationship you have with your thinking life, so you can achieve your impossible goals, live with a greater sense of calm and contentment and know how to live in relationship with the assembly line of your daily incoming thoughts--in harmony.
Ready to try something different this year?
I have three new offerings for 2018
Kick Your Year in Gear! One Month Coaching Intensive
This blast-off package is perfect for the New Year, and for people who like the power of intensive learning and trainings. This coaching is your surest shortest way to get there faster: trade in old habits for new ones and start playing a bolder more creative game ASAP. Includes four hour-long coaching calls and daily check-ins M-F.
Coaching in Motion
When we walk and exercise, we think more expansively and learn better, studies say. This package is perfect for anyone who likes to move, and knows you do your best thinking in motion (and want to get outside and move during the day). We do our sessions while running or walking--and any other activity or sport you can think of that works. Study after study tells us we learn best when having fun, so let's make this fun! For those of you who walk or run with friends, you know how the conversations go: deep, insightful, fulfilling, life changing, epiphanous. Can you imagine the outcome of hitching that power-wagon to coaching?
Crazy-Good Year Group Coaching Mastermind
Blow your own mind. Unshackle yourself from personal thinking, change your life, and do it in the company of like-minded women. For more information, click here.
Coaching philosophy & approach
- Your reality is defined by your thoughts. Events and circumstances are neutral. They're information; data. It's how you respond to each piece of data that creates a thought that trips a feeling, defines your reality and life result.
- You're perfect. Imagine that your natural state is peace, confidence, creativity, kindness, following your heart, being OK with all the thoughts and feelings swirling around inside you, confident that none of them define you or your fate. Sound too good to be true?
- Being stuck is imprisoning yourself to old stories. Just as a story is written, it can be re-written. And consider this: What if you moved beyond story? What if you let your past wash off you as if you are a duck, your stories just water. There, and then POOF, gone.
P.S. Being "stuck" or "overwhelmed" or "confused" is also a way of staying safe and out of a false sense of "harm's way"--aka transformation and change.
- A feeling is not the truth. You might feel like the last five years of your life were disappointing; you might feel like the company doesn't respect you; you might feel emptied of all creative inspiration--but it’s just a feeling. NOT the truth. You don’t have to let a feeling direct you.
- A thought isn't the truth either. It's just a reaction to a circumstance--which is data. Neutral content. You can decide what kind of thoughts you want to have--positive, neutral or negative. You can even decide to detach from all thoughts and let them pass by like cars whizzing by your front door.
- It’s in our nature to be creative. Being “creative” isn't about standing with an easel in the French countryside. Creativity is expansive! We are creative in how we work a complex spreadsheet; break a family pattern to make a better life for ourselves; start a business; build relationships and community; create a laugh among friends, you name it. Creative expression gives life purpose, meaning and joy. And being creative also helps move roadblocks so you can get to where you want to go, being the person you want to be.
- Your work is so much more than just a job. Every thing you do, every day, no matter how big or small is part of your life's work (or play if you prefer). Imagine if you looked at your work as a playfield of personal discovery. A lab for personal development. A sandbox of play and creativity. The human zoo. The secret is, it's up to YOU to bring purpose and fulfillment to your work--not the other way around.
- You Can Do It. This is a bedrock of the coaching partnership. I will believe in you even when you’re not so sure—because sometimes that’s what we all need. You don't have to go it alone. There's a village of people eager to support your rise to greatness, too.
If you want to see what coaching is like email me!
Reach me anytime at: