It's time for a little announcement: TOOT TOOT. The Writing Gym is open! This one focuses on blogging.
Here's what membership entails. Plus: It's almost stinkin' free for the month of February.
So who joins this gym? Writers and professionals who have started a blog that supports a business, a book idea or to share ideas and experiences—and would like to keep the damn thing going!
The benefits of membership?
- You want the kind of playful kick in your pants that will get—and keep—your writing going, and help your blog grow and develop into something exciting and suprising.
- You could use both 1) coaching to move past the fear and stuck spots and 2) writing tips and creative idea generating.
- You'd like to be part of a community of writers—but without it being a time drain or even having to leave home.
- You'd like to find the right first-person voice that feels comfortable—and supports the purpose of your blog.
- You’d like to get over the fear of being exposed in public as a writer.
- You'd like to know how on earth you can keep coming up with ideas, topics and different ways to write your pieces.
What a Writing Gym Membership includes:
- 1 x month group coaching call: 12pm – 1pm Pacific time, the last Thursday of the month. Includes: A short talk on a writing issue; Q&As and some writing time. Each call will end with an assignment for writers to bring to their blogs the next month. (The calls will be recorded.)
- Bi-weekly "try-this" emails with a tip or idea to use in your writing.
- Feedback on one one-page piece of writing/month
- Unlimited email access
- Cost: $15 for February. $32/month through July.
To get the most out of your membership
Be prepared to give a minimum of two hours a month to your writing. This includes the one-hour phone call. Be prepared to write a minimum of one blog posting a month. The gym will help you find a way to sustain your blog writing in a way that works for your life, schedule and personality. All you have to do is be committed to giving it a shot and seeing the fun in it.